Deputy Divisional Finance Manager Jobs 2022
Deputy Divisional Finance Manager
£41,659 – £47,672 a year
Full Job Description
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Financial Management Team at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust for the post of Deputy Divisional Finance Manager, supporting the Corporate and Estates Divisions.
This is an exciting time to join Nottingham University Hospitals, with many challenges in both Divisions.
As a member of the finance team, you will be providing comprehensive, high quality financial support to these and other projects, as well as contributing to the preparation of the monthly and annual accounts and acting as Finance Lead and first contact for a number of services. You will gain broad and varied experience.
The role is suited to a an experienced and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude.
Main duties of the job
As a Band 7 Deputy Divisional Finance Manager you will provide support to the Corporate and Estates Directorates of NUH.
Under the direction of the Divisional Finance Manager/s, you will provide and report accurate financial management information to Directors and Operational colleagues. You will provide finance training for budget holders and ensure they understand the financial information provided, to support strategic decision making.
You will work with the Directorates to develop business cases and support the teams to develop Quality Improvement and Waste Reduction initiatives to deliver operational benefits.
You will be encouraged to explore new ways of integrating new sources of data as NUH Finance roll out a new system for forecasting and continue to develop its financial reporting software to create finance reports more tailored to operational colleagues.
The role will also take responsibility for the line management and development of 2 members of the team.
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Working for our organisation
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust is, by any measure, a large, complex, person-centred organisation. With around 23,000 employees from a wide range of professional backgrounds, we are one of the region’s largest employers. Based on three sites with 90 wards and 1,700 beds we have an annual income of £1.1 billion. Our vision is “to be outstanding in health outcomes and patient and staff experience”.
The NUH Finance, Information and Procurement directorate employs around 150 staff. The Financial Management department, provides on-going financial/business advice and support to the Trust’s Divisions. The department uses Service Line Reporting as the main financial reporting tool, alongside Patient Level Costing, and we are using these tools to help our customers to develop a more business-like approach to the management of their services.
The post will mostly be based at the City Campus but the successful candidate may be expected to travel where necessary to other sites (Mainly the QMC Campus) to attend meetings. Currently we operating a working from home hybrid working model but it’s important to note in the near future we may transition back to more on site working.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
The successful candidates should be a CCAB qualified accountant with experience of working in financial management. They should also have excellent technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload to deadlines. Be a team player who is self-motivated, innovative and able to actively contribute to both the success of the divisions and the trust.
The NUH Finance Team offers further support and development for candidates looking to progress to the next level with previous post holders moving into Finance Manager roles. Applications from candidates who do not possess full membership of a recognised accounting qualification but are working towards would be welcomed and reviewed under Annex 21.
- Holds UK recognised accounting qualification
- Minimum of 2 years financial management experience
Bring your whole self to work for us at NUH. We love diversity and we value your difference, your unique skills, knowledge and experience. Becoming one of our people may realise your potential, helping us to raise our performance in delivering world class healthcare to the diverse patient populations we serve.
We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are currently under-represented at NUH.
Covid-19 vaccination: remains the best way to protect yourself, family, colleagues and our patients/service users from the Covid-19 virus. We continue to encourage our current and potential colleagues to get vaccinated. For helpful advice and information about the Covid-19 vaccination and how to access visit: https://nottsccg.nhs.uk/covid-19/covid-19-vaccinations/
Closing Dates: Please submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment; we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the published closing date if we receive a sufficient number of completed application forms.
Communication: All communication related to your application will be via the email address you have provided. Please ensure you check your email account including your junk email regularly.
Easy read application: if you have a disability and find it difficult to complete our online application form, you can apply via our easy read application which you can find on the intranet https://www.nuh.nhs.uk/easy-read-job-application
Salary: The quoted salary will be on a pro rata basis for part time workers.
Disability Confidence: All applicants who have declared a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the post will be shortlisted.
At Risk of redundancy: NHS employees within the East Midlands who are ‘at risk’ of redundancy will be given a preferential interview where they meet the essential criteria of the person specification.
Skilled Workers Visa: We welcome applications from individuals who require a skilled worker visa in line with the Home Office regulations. NON-UK/NON SETTLED candidates may not be appointed, if a suitably qualified and skilled UK/SETTLED candidate is successful at interview stage as it is unlikely that the Trust is able to satisfy the Home Office Visa requirements
ID and Right to work checks: NUH authenticate all ID and right to work documentation such as passports, visa’s and driving license through a system called Trust ID. NUH will scan your ID and right to work documentation in to the Trust ID system at your face to face ID appointment. The system will run a check against the key security features within your documentation. The system will provide us with an outcome of your check which will be stored securely on your personal file along with all other pre-employment check documentation.
- Transfer of information: If I have previous NHS service – I consent to the transfer of my Electronic Staff Record (ESR) data between this and other NHS Trusts. I also consent to the Occupational Health Department confidentially accessing my occupational health records from my current or previous employer in order to check the status of my vaccinations, immunisations s and screening tests as relevant to the post. I understand this is an automated process and the information will only be used for these purposes prior to me taking up the position at NUH.
- Disclosure and Barring Service: Your post maybe subject to a DBS check which incur a cost dependent on the level of check required (£41.90 for enhanced and £21.90 for standard). I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if it is required (by deduction from first month’s pay). Should I decide to withdraw from my job offer, I agree to reimburse Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust the cost of the DBS check undertaken by cheque or other agreed method.
Also Read This Jobs:https://www.upnaukri.com/senior-finance-business-partner-full-time-jobs-salary-43414-54949-a-year/
Financial Services Transfer Pricing, Manager Jobs
Full Job Description
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Financial Services Transfer Pricing, Manager, Jobs in London
Our Transfer Pricing team specialises in helping organisations understand how they should price transactions between related parties. We learn how our clients operate, why they succeed, where value lies and how that aligns with international tax rules. Our team is fuelled by curious minds from diverse backgrounds. As part of our team, you’ll work with deep technical specialists in a broad spectrum of areas – together we’ll present differentiated thought leadership to our clients. Our investment in technology, alternative delivery models, and knowledge tools will enable you to deliver work efficiently and allow time to focus on interesting and challenging value added advisory work. We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce empowered by flexibility in how we work.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, mainly within the Financial Services space, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Managing the delivery of a variety of technical projects, from planning through to documentation and enquiries
- Taking a lead on all aspects of financial management of clients
- Assisting with business development activities to help identify and further opportunities on new/existing clients
- Coordination with specialists across our global network to deliver great outcomes for our clients
- Training, coaching and supervising more junior members of the team
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulatory and business issues
- Developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
Essential skills and experience
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business and relevant professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships.
- Experience of advising multinational clients on transfer pricing. Wider experience of other corporate tax or related international issues would also be an advantage.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and projects including all aspects of financial and risk management.
- Experience in building internal and external relationships and networks.
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines.
- Developed communication skills, specifically in presenting an argument and influencing others.
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to help others improve and develop.
- An ability to promptly address problems and maintain professional standards.
- An ACA or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential
- Background in economics and/or an MBA desirable but not essential
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.